Can’t quite believe it is the first day of February! I THINK I am now coming round from a particularly dozy January – not helped at all by a long bout of winter flu or whatever the hell it was…
I greatly appreciate the efforts of those colleagues who every new year, compile most helpful lists of the major planetary events. Last year, I posted Leah Whitehorse‘s very comprehensive list. This year, my thanks to that wonderful resource The Astrology Podcast: here is their list. I have mine printed out and pinned up on my office wall. Hope you find it useful!
Main Signatures for 2017
- Leo eclipse in August, and that axis shifting from Virgo-Pisces to Leo-Aquarius in general.
- Venus retrograde in Aries/Pisces, echoing back to 8 years ago.
- Jupiter-Uranus opposition off and on most of the year.
- Final phases of Saturn in Sagittarius, followed by start of Saturn in Capricorn.
- Saturn-Uranus trine
- Jupiter-Neptune trine
Full List of Major Alignments for 2017
- Mercury direct at 28 Sagittarius January 8
- Jupiter stations retrograde at 23 Libra February 6
- Venus stations retrograde at 13 Aries on March 4
- Saturn stations retrograde at 27 Sagittarius on April 5
- Mercury stations retrograde at 4 Taurus on April 9
- Venus stations direct at 26 Pisces on April 14
- Pluto stations retrograde at 19 Capricorn on April 20
- Mercury stations direct at 24 Aries on May 3
- True Node moves into Leo on May 9
- Jupiter stations direct at 13 Libra June 8
- Neptune stations retrograde at 14 Pisces June 16
- Uranus retrograde at 28 Aries on August 3
- Mercury retrograde at 11 Virgo on August 13.
- August solar eclipse everyone talking about.
- August 21
- Occurs at 28 Leo
- Shadow moves over entire continental United States
- Saturn stations direct at 21 Sagittarius August 25
- Pluto stations direct at 16 Capricorn on September 27
- Mercury stations direct at 28 Leo on September 5
- Jupiter moves into Scorpio on October 11
- Saturn moves into Capricorn on December 20.
- Preceded by a Mercury retro in Sag that stations direct around same time.
And ” What does it all mean?” is sure to be the next question. Well, astrology students out there, go and work it out for yourselves! If you want some help in doing so, there are many excellent astrology sites who will be reflecting from varying perspectives, on what the complex planetary picture for 2017 is likely to symbolise for us at both a collective and a personal level.
Here are a few for starters:
Enjoy your research! – and do leave any useful information pointers on this topic which you may wish to add, in the comments section. Thanks and all good wishes for 2017 to everyone!
450 words copyright Anne Whitaker/The Astrology Podcast 2017